War--Week 39
July 29, 2023
Hola Todos!
Us office elders had an awesome Nerf war today. What made it so awesome? Well, it was with Presidente Alleman and two of his sons, Drew and Talmage. I think that we have joined probably a very small group of missionaries who have had a nerf battle with their mission president. That or we just started the club! Me and Talmage beat everyone so, huge win for the mission experience!
This week has been more or less the same as the last couple weeks. Nothing terribly new is happening. The office continues to be an adventure!
Elder Mahoney had his birthday this week and we ate cake. That was cool. I like cake.
...
One thing that I've noticed is that my teaching skills aren't really where they should be. Especially for somebody with my time in the mission. Being in the city with an average of 2 lessons a day doesnt stack up too well against other areas in the mission.
Being in a trio hasn't helped too much either. Because I dont have a commanding teaching presence, I often get interrupted by our amigos or simply slink into the background of the lesson, chiming in the occasional comment or testimony. It's like I'm back in my training. It's frustrating for me.
When the transfers are over we'll be back to the dynamic duo companerismo. I'm excited to do some more teaching but we have less lessons here in Mburucuya than centro. Until then it's a new project!
Another thing I'll be working on for the coming weeks.
One of the things I'm learning how to do here is be a self starter. Here in the office (and mission in general) you have independence and trust and no ones going to tell you what to do. No ones going to ask you how you're doing in your goals or in your obedience. You're simply expected to perform, take the initiative, and be obedient.
Personally I really like that environment. Right now, I'm focusing on improving my teaching but it feels a little overwhelming. It takes a lot to be a good teacher. But then again it takes a lot to be good at anything! Anything worth doing won't be easy!
That's all I got for today ladies and gentleman of the jury, may the force be with you!
Elder who shot his mission president with a nerf gun and is still alive,
-Elder James Tanner
Us office elders had an awesome Nerf war today. What made it so awesome? Well, it was with Presidente Alleman and two of his sons, Drew and Talmage. I think that we have joined probably a very small group of missionaries who have had a nerf battle with their mission president. That or we just started the club! Me and Talmage beat everyone so, huge win for the mission experience!
This week has been more or less the same as the last couple weeks. Nothing terribly new is happening. The office continues to be an adventure!
Elder Mahoney had his birthday this week and we ate cake. That was cool. I like cake.
...
One thing that I've noticed is that my teaching skills aren't really where they should be. Especially for somebody with my time in the mission. Being in the city with an average of 2 lessons a day doesnt stack up too well against other areas in the mission.
Being in a trio hasn't helped too much either. Because I dont have a commanding teaching presence, I often get interrupted by our amigos or simply slink into the background of the lesson, chiming in the occasional comment or testimony. It's like I'm back in my training. It's frustrating for me.
When the transfers are over we'll be back to the dynamic duo companerismo. I'm excited to do some more teaching but we have less lessons here in Mburucuya than centro. Until then it's a new project!
Another thing I'll be working on for the coming weeks.
One of the things I'm learning how to do here is be a self starter. Here in the office (and mission in general) you have independence and trust and no ones going to tell you what to do. No ones going to ask you how you're doing in your goals or in your obedience. You're simply expected to perform, take the initiative, and be obedient.
Personally I really like that environment. Right now, I'm focusing on improving my teaching but it feels a little overwhelming. It takes a lot to be a good teacher. But then again it takes a lot to be good at anything! Anything worth doing won't be easy!
That's all I got for today ladies and gentleman of the jury, may the force be with you!
Elder who shot his mission president with a nerf gun and is still alive,
-Elder James Tanner
Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Golf Holes - 7/10 holes in one's'z'z
⛳⛳⛳⛳⛳⛳⛳
1. Ferrari show at a gas station
2. Put up my fuego hammock
3. This baby puppy was as big as my foot
More pictures from this week will come next week when I actually have them...



Comments
Post a Comment