The Impossible--Week 33

 Hola Todos!

   Busy busy busy week. Ive been humbled a lot to participate in some important things this week.
   With getting new phones we had to establish some new rules and on Monday I was able to participate in a meeting to determine the fate of facebook! It was a really cool opportunity to be able to counsel with Presidente Alleman, his wife, the AP's and my companion about how we can foster the right culture in our mission. It's scary and humbling to be given that kind of responsibility. But that's why we have councils. We finished the meeting only adding one rule but quite a few principles to live by when using facebook.
   Presidente Alleman runs the mission by principle. That's something i've learned this week. Instead of strict rules, he'd rather have us learn to govern ourselves. What happens when all the rules are gone? Well, we dont know how to live responsibly without them. That's a philosophy I really like. Teach them to learn by teaching them principles.
   And to learn, wow, this week we have learned a lot! The last week was spent finding ways to deliver phones. This week, we spent the whole time figuring out how to set them up. Yet we succeeded through a bunch of mass phone configurations. This week I am happy to announce that we successfully finished delivering and setting up over 80 separate cell phones in over 80 separate areas. Kurumba, I was ready for Pday today. 
    It was a whole week long process and technological nightmare. We started a few mass configurations on Wednesday and finished Friday. To finish all the phones on Friday, me and Elder Torres left the house at 8:15am, drove 45 minutes to Zona Capiata, did a mass configuration, had a ton of new problems, solved them all, got back to the office at 1:10pm then had our final mass configuration start at 1:30. By the time we were done it was 3:30. We went non stop for almost 8 hours. Probably one of the busiest and most stressful days of my life but Im so freaking happy to be done with the stupid phones! 
     I will admit, our training and configuration on Friday did not go as well as I hoped. Giving a training to the whole mission put a lot of pressure on my Spanish and I stumbled through my portion of the training. It reminded me that sometimes I really am I "faking it till I'm making it!" and not everytime you make it. It humbled me and bruised my ego a bit to know I'm not perfect... super bummer, but hey, work in progress! I have some 5 more months in the office to make my training better. 
After a wild week, the mission office is thankfully taking a chill pill for us secretaries. I gratefully conclude my email declaring I slept very well last night knowing I dont have to restart another cell phone for at least a week. Very epic.
    May the force be with you all! I'm taking a rest because I am dead. Remember all, we shall rest when we're dead. 
Happily sent from the grave, 
-Elder James Tanner


Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
I now have the organizational skills of a builderman, please hire me to build you a monument - 7/10 Builded'ed monuments
🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛🏛

1. Pday hikes
2. Late night planning sesión
3. Perfecto lighting
4. I forgot to mention it got so cold this week i had to use my contra
5. Sweater weather all week, the impossible 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22