The Exisitential Elder--Week 38

July 22, 2023 

Hola Todos!
    I'm emotionally drained and this pday has been needed. Being in the office takes a lot of brain power! It feels like it's been two weeks stuffed into one week. We had some more robberies, more technical issues. A whole slew of problems! Thankfully mostly everything has been handled in a way that allows the missionaries to survive! Hallelujah! I'm recuperating in a positive way today!
    We had our zone conference this week. Presidente Alleman killed it (as usual) and the day was stuffed full of problems. I think it's super fun solving problems, I just wish sometimes it could be spread out a bit more!
Im feeling really lazy right now, i'm just going to write a list of some of the things i'm doing in the office and the area right now.
 -  I'm knocking heads with a landlord to give our 500$ air conditioning back. He thinks that because we finished the contract the AC unit is his now. It's not yours, please just be an adult and give us our air back!
 -  Finding two new houses for two sister companionships. One set of hermanas has been living right next to a bar and this week they were serenaded for several hours by a group of drunk paraguayos, "Oh gringa americanas! Come out, come out!" The other set of hermanas is living in an isolated area and sometimes people follow them home. Aykurumba, aykurumba, aykurumba (that's my 3 word safety phrase).
 -  Lucas and Yanni broke up this week. A few weeks ago I sent an email talking about their relationship. Yanni wants to be baptized but her boyfriend Lucas doesnt want to get married. He had a spiral back into drugs this week and Yanni left for good. Drugs are her deal breaker. He got out of the drug life about a year ago, we dont know what happened this week to send him back. Yanni left to go live with her mom in another area. We really dont know what's going to happen to the family. I can't imagine the pain that the family is feeling right now.
 -  Using some really good advice from Presidente Alleman, I'm working to get myself out of a spiritual stagnation. I'm doing everything I need to do, I read my scriptures, feel the spirit, all the good things. Still, I'm driven by divine discontent and the feeling that I'm not progressing. There's more I can be doing, there's more I can be. That's going to be my project for the next couple weeks. Start progressing again. That was one thing I didn't expect and one thing I'm learning. Even missionaries aren't immune to stagnation. Even missionaries can't just coast!
 -  Ive been feeling very grateful recently for all the wonderful people in my life. Being in Paraguay too. I dont really know why I'm here in Paraguay of all places. Let alone with all the amazing people! One thing I've also internalized this week is that the Lord is somehow behind it all. He's turning me into the person I'm supposed to be. I'm not sure that person is who I thought he would be!
   A rather existential Elder in the office of Paraguay Asunción Norte,
-Elder James Tanner


Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
"Aw nuts" - 7/10 Nuts & Bolts
🔩🔩🔩🔩🔩🔩🔩

1. Pday space vanning
2. Burger bros
3. Look at the dog in the top corner
4. Tatakua again...
5. Inverted chair man







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22