Parrot--Week 34
Hola Todos!
The chill pill has been taken this week. We had some really cool miracles this week too.
We haven't found any new people to teach the last four weeks but this week we found 5! It was a nice change of pace to have a lesson where we felt like we were actually teaching someone. Not to say we dont have people to teach, we do, but it's limited...
It was by a miracle we found three of them. It was a cool experience. It was late, about 8:15, we went to just about every single person's house and we were all ready to give up. The only reason we didn't give up was because we'd had interviews with Presidente an hour earlier talking about all our progress in our area! We had no ideas but I remembered a giant pet parrot that lives in a cage on the side of the road.
"Hey, we can go say hi to the Pajaro (bird) and walk somewhere." I offered.
So we went. Halfway there, we were stopped by a car entering their house. The car stopped halfway through the gate, rolled down their window, and a nice old lady invited us in.
Turns out this old lady was contacted by missionaries some months ago but lost contact. She's been waiting to have us back to share our message but never could because of health problems. Pulling into her driveway was the first time we had the opportunity to share in her home. We ended the day with a really good lesson and lots of questions from her and some of her sisters.
We walked out of the lesson a little bit stunned; we haven't found anyone new in almost a month, then, we go to say hi to a parrot and end up having a fantastic lesson with 3 new people we forgot about. I think we finally had enough effort to buy ourselves a miracle!
It reminds me that in the end we have so little control over what happens in the mission (and in our life). Sometimes things happen when we haven't done anything to earn it. Sometimes things happen after we've given it our all and more. Sometimes it's a weird mixture of 'what the heck am I doing' and then everything works out. Our ultimate job in the mission is to live worthy and willing to do whatever it is the Lord deems is necessary for the progression of His work.
I also wanted to compliment my companions this week. They're not on my email list so I dont feel weird complimenting them to the public. I look up to my comps so much. Elder Smith is from California and has 13 months in the mission. He manages the mission vehicles and data. He's super smart and is an inspired leader. He has an incredible sense of humor. Elder Torres is my trainer, teaching me to manage the houses and tech of the mission. He's super patient and an incredible teacher. He has a heart of gold.
I'm super grateful I have opportunities to learn from them.
Anyway, I'll finish on that gooey note and remind everyone that the grind never stops. Hope y'all are having an awesome summer! May the force be with you all!
A growing boi,
-Elder James Tanner
The chill pill has been taken this week. We had some really cool miracles this week too.
We haven't found any new people to teach the last four weeks but this week we found 5! It was a nice change of pace to have a lesson where we felt like we were actually teaching someone. Not to say we dont have people to teach, we do, but it's limited...
It was by a miracle we found three of them. It was a cool experience. It was late, about 8:15, we went to just about every single person's house and we were all ready to give up. The only reason we didn't give up was because we'd had interviews with Presidente an hour earlier talking about all our progress in our area! We had no ideas but I remembered a giant pet parrot that lives in a cage on the side of the road.
"Hey, we can go say hi to the Pajaro (bird) and walk somewhere." I offered.
So we went. Halfway there, we were stopped by a car entering their house. The car stopped halfway through the gate, rolled down their window, and a nice old lady invited us in.
Turns out this old lady was contacted by missionaries some months ago but lost contact. She's been waiting to have us back to share our message but never could because of health problems. Pulling into her driveway was the first time we had the opportunity to share in her home. We ended the day with a really good lesson and lots of questions from her and some of her sisters.
We walked out of the lesson a little bit stunned; we haven't found anyone new in almost a month, then, we go to say hi to a parrot and end up having a fantastic lesson with 3 new people we forgot about. I think we finally had enough effort to buy ourselves a miracle!
It reminds me that in the end we have so little control over what happens in the mission (and in our life). Sometimes things happen when we haven't done anything to earn it. Sometimes things happen after we've given it our all and more. Sometimes it's a weird mixture of 'what the heck am I doing' and then everything works out. Our ultimate job in the mission is to live worthy and willing to do whatever it is the Lord deems is necessary for the progression of His work.
I also wanted to compliment my companions this week. They're not on my email list so I dont feel weird complimenting them to the public. I look up to my comps so much. Elder Smith is from California and has 13 months in the mission. He manages the mission vehicles and data. He's super smart and is an inspired leader. He has an incredible sense of humor. Elder Torres is my trainer, teaching me to manage the houses and tech of the mission. He's super patient and an incredible teacher. He has a heart of gold.
I'm super grateful I have opportunities to learn from them.
Anyway, I'll finish on that gooey note and remind everyone that the grind never stops. Hope y'all are having an awesome summer! May the force be with you all!
A growing boi,
-Elder James Tanner
Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Preach my Gospels - 9/10 Boxes
📦📦📦📦📦📦📦📦
1. English
2. RIP area book
3. Districto
4. Núde baby
5. Bautismal cleaning
6. Elder Inostroza sleeping like the Chad he is






Comments
Post a Comment