Good Soup--Week 35

July 1, 2023







Hola Todos! 
    I'm sitting down to write just after finishing a 10 minute all out Nerf War. I won easily with at least 7 headshots. I can say mission life is pretty hype right now. Also, while shopping for Nerf, I was able to watch a bit of the Tour De France!! That was super hype, I already know Tadej Pogačar is gunna win again. What a legend.
    On top of a hype Pday, the weeks have been pretty hype too! After finishing Pday last week, we had an incredible baptism. Martin is our amigo, he's 21 and the boyfriend of the bishop's daughter. In the 6 or so months the missionaries have taught him, he has developed an incredible testimony. After emerging from the water after his baptism, his tears flowed freely. He was filled with a joy and happiness he'd never felt before. 
    At the end of the night he bore a sweet and simple testimony. The spirit was so strong that he was still crying! Then... my comp elder Torres is crying, then I'm almost crying... and then everyone else is crying too! I was like dang, what the heck is happening! It was an eye opener to me all over again, this is why we're here in Paraguay, teaching, learning, and sometimes suffering. We dont always see why we're teaching, learning, and/or suffering... but sometimes we do, and it's miraculous.
...
   It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. We had another powerful experience with a couple we're teaching. The couple, Lucas and Yanni, arent married. The last step they need to complete before they can be baptized is to get married. They are living together and have a little girl.
   This week we had a little "DTR" conversation. We'd already told them what they needed to do, get married or move out. But this time we went to see if they actually wanted to do it. Yanni told us yes. She wants to get married so that she can get baptized. The answer from Lucas was a little bit different... He doesnt want to get married. Why? well... we dont really know. It's a different reason every time. Sometimes it's because he's too young, others because he wants a big party. Sometimes he jokingly says he has other women to "kiss" and "try".
    The relationship between Yanni and Lucas isn't good. They fight often and know they would probably get a divorce if they got married. The only reason they're still together is because of their one year old daughter. We saw Yanni's heartbreak in our lesson. It clicked in her mind knowing that she won't be able to be baptized for a long time. Until Lucas changes or they break up and move out, it leaves both of them unable to be baptized and leaves Yanni with an unknown future.
...
    It was a happy and heavy week but still the work progresses. We hope and pray and pray and hope and then we do it all over again! 
We're grateful for Martin and we pray for Lucas and Yanni. I'm grateful for those experiences this week. I learn more about the world everyday. That's something I'm incredibly grateful for. 
   Hope you all have a wonderful week, may the force be with you and the grind never stop!  
   The missionary with the most Nerf kills in Paraguay,
-Elder James Tanner

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
I'm a witt'l tired - 8/10 Onion Things
🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰


1. Cool army truck
2. Space people in the Space Van
3. I think my suit makes me look fat
4. Burger dinero bros
5. I patched my pants this week 😎
6. Im a simp for good flowers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22