Boats Baby--Week 32
Hola todos!
What a crazy week! In the words of my companero Elder Smith, "This has been one of the craziest weeks I have ever had in the office."
Thankfully though, I'm loving it. It's nice to be busy and not at the whims of another person's agency...
Instead of walking the cobbled streets of our area "Mburucuya'' (Baa-roo-koo-ja) this week, We've been chugging along prepping 82 phones for distribution and configuration (I get to use fancy words now too, I'm pretty legit). The church wants to help missionaries learn how to responsibly use their own cell phone so that they are better prepared for their lives after the mission. So it falls to us to get the missionaries cellphones to learn.
This week we did our first large scale "group set up test" and it went pretty well. We invited our whole zone and a lot of the companions grumbled that they had to come to "another meeting". They cheerily stopped complaining when we sent them home with new cell phones.
But... Some parts of the prep have been pretty heavy. The pressure is high because the expectations we set are going to affect the mission for years to come. This week, I spent one day making instructions on how to do missionary phone audits and then spent the next day making a pornagraphy reporting form. All while on the other side of the desk my companion, Elder Torres, was making a 35 slide "Set Up Your Phone presentation". It's been a little intense. Thankfully, we're in the final straight. It all should be over by the next P-day.
Another fun thing, Ive been referenced to look like four seperate things this week.
1. A kiwi: quote, "brown and weird on the outside, but sweet on the inside"
2. A evil vampire from twilight
3. Paul McCartney from the Beatles
4. Exactly like someone's dead husband
I'm not sure how I feel about any of those quite yet... but hey! I love kiwi´s; the vampires in twilight are HAWT; paul mccartney is from the legendary Beetles; the husband was lucky enough to get married.
All over the place!
One last thing before I head out, we had a really awesome Pday and I left the city for the first time on my mission! A perk of the office is we get to use the Space Van to get around on Pday. We took a one hour drive outside the city to an area called "aregua". After being in the city my entire mission it was so amazing to see forests! We did a fun little hike and it's a beautiful area! Paraguay has so much beauty I haven't seen yet. That's something I'm really excited for. There's still so much to experience. Very epic for a good week and the chance to be a spoiled office missionary!
A vampire paul mccartney kiwi who died 3 years ago,
-Elder James Tanner
Thankfully though, I'm loving it. It's nice to be busy and not at the whims of another person's agency...
Instead of walking the cobbled streets of our area "Mburucuya'' (Baa-roo-koo-ja) this week, We've been chugging along prepping 82 phones for distribution and configuration (I get to use fancy words now too, I'm pretty legit). The church wants to help missionaries learn how to responsibly use their own cell phone so that they are better prepared for their lives after the mission. So it falls to us to get the missionaries cellphones to learn.
This week we did our first large scale "group set up test" and it went pretty well. We invited our whole zone and a lot of the companions grumbled that they had to come to "another meeting". They cheerily stopped complaining when we sent them home with new cell phones.
But... Some parts of the prep have been pretty heavy. The pressure is high because the expectations we set are going to affect the mission for years to come. This week, I spent one day making instructions on how to do missionary phone audits and then spent the next day making a pornagraphy reporting form. All while on the other side of the desk my companion, Elder Torres, was making a 35 slide "Set Up Your Phone presentation". It's been a little intense. Thankfully, we're in the final straight. It all should be over by the next P-day.
Another fun thing, Ive been referenced to look like four seperate things this week.
1. A kiwi: quote, "brown and weird on the outside, but sweet on the inside"
2. A evil vampire from twilight
3. Paul McCartney from the Beatles
4. Exactly like someone's dead husband
I'm not sure how I feel about any of those quite yet... but hey! I love kiwi´s; the vampires in twilight are HAWT; paul mccartney is from the legendary Beetles; the husband was lucky enough to get married.
All over the place!
One last thing before I head out, we had a really awesome Pday and I left the city for the first time on my mission! A perk of the office is we get to use the Space Van to get around on Pday. We took a one hour drive outside the city to an area called "aregua". After being in the city my entire mission it was so amazing to see forests! We did a fun little hike and it's a beautiful area! Paraguay has so much beauty I haven't seen yet. That's something I'm really excited for. There's still so much to experience. Very epic for a good week and the chance to be a spoiled office missionary!
A vampire paul mccartney kiwi who died 3 years ago,
-Elder James Tanner
Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Im waiting for you to respond please - 8/10 typing boxes
💬💬💬💬💬💬💬💬
1. Barbeque con Bishop
2. Aregua gang
3. Chads
4. This is Paraguay
5. They have a National Park in Paraguay
6. I got to go bike shopping this week!!!






Comments
Post a Comment