Space Van--Week 30

May 27, 2023

Hola Todos!
Well a lot has gone down this week. As of today I found out that my new Pday is Saturday. Why, one might ask? Well, we received our transfers this wednesday with a call from Presidetnte Alleman (president only calls you for transfers if you're receiving leadership or training position).
Ive been assigned to train to be a Secretario de la mission (secretary of the mission). I'm currently training to be in charge of technology and all the missionary housing. Im training under Elder Torres of Ecuador with my other comp being Elder Smith. As of now my Pday has changed to Saturday and yea! So it's pretty cool that I can talk to my siblings on pday and they won't be at school.
It was a strange and lazy week going into our transfers. As some of you remember, I mentionedI got myself into some trouble last Monday with my ankle. Shortly after Pday ended (I hurt my foot at 11:30 but in order to preserve Pday we called the doctor after Pday ended at 6:00), we called the mission doctor and he told us to go straight to the hospital to get xrays to see if my ankle was broken. We spent a few hours in the hospital and came out with x rays showing no broken bones. The doctor told us it was a bad sprain and he put a cast on my leg.
The following days were lazy and long. It consisted of laying in bed, hopping around, not being able to leave the house because of my foot. Me and Elder Erickson played more chess, I almost won a few games.
Tuesday went slow but the Elders from Obrero came to our house and bought us food because we coulndt walk to buy groceries. We played some chess with them for a bit. Wednesday was slow but we got transfers so I dont ever remember what we did. Thursday we went out of the way to buy crutches. That was an adventure and overly complicated.
Friday we had cambios and I got all the attention hobbling in on my crutches and my fat cast. It was nice to meet up with a bunch of my buddies from other areas. I was able to see Elder Alcivar (my first comp) for a little bit and that was a fun reunion. He's so proud of me for making it to an office missionary! Haha! Love that guy.
After saying my last goodbyes to Elder Erickson I scooted over to the oficina in a wheelie chair that I found and settled into the office to see the lifestyle. It's a grind. There's a lot of information I'm going to have to learn and absorb. I'm excited to learn so much but I feel out of my depth.
Talking with Elder Smith (the other secretary) he mentioned the importance of Secretaries and assistants. They set the example for all the mission. They are all picked with great care. All the Elders I'm going to be working with here in the office are incredible missionaries. They're examples to everyone and I look up to every single one of them. To be honest I feel like I was picked on account of my busted ankle. Secretarios dont do a lot of walking and they have access to cars (i get to learn how to drive in a walking mission, which is pretty hype). I feel like i'm here because I'll have a good space to heal without having to go home (which is an blessing). It's just a little hard to feel like i'm supposed to be here for the reason every other office elder is chosen.
Part of that is definitely my self consciousness. An office job is a mission wide coveted position (dang ! How did I end up getting one?? Yet, I have faith that, given time, I will adjust well! It's a wonderful opportunity I have and I intend to use it and do the best I can. Whether or not I think I'm good enough! Through the Lord, as long as I'm working my hardest, I can be enough.
Well, that's what's changed so far! There's going to be a lot more updates from the office of Mission Paraguay Asuncion Norte! May the force be with you all. We shall rest when we're dead!

The coolest most imobile elder who is still in his mission,
-Elder James Tanner
Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
File cabinets, there are so many file cabinets - 6/10 File folder things
🗃🗃🗃🗃🗃🗃

1. The Space Van I get to learn how to drive next week
2. Post cast bruh moment
3. The door broke and we got stuck in the house, they hopped the balcony to save us

4. Thursday when I finally got crutches!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22