Ouuchee! Week 29
Hola Todos!
Que rapido esta semana (this week was fast)! When you're busy things happen a lot faster.
One things that happened this week, I found out this week that I'm really bad at chess! Elder Erickson Tuesday morning spontaneously said, hey lets play a game of chess! That started it all. We've played 3 games of chess every day since... out of the 19 games of chess we've played, I have lost all of them. BUT I did tie 1 game and almost won two! I'm getting closer! My goal this week is to win 1 game of chess!
Me and Elder Erickson are getting along really well. We are having a ton of fun and have developed a good friendship. Of course we have disagreements sometimes but other than that we're getting along well.
Speaking of which, we have cambios this week. The church has changed a few things so we'll find out where we're headed this Wednesday and then leave Friday. Usually we get cambios a week or so later. But it's alright! Tranquilllo I'm expecting I'll be heading out of Amambay. To where I have no idea. Vamo ver (we'll see)! After 6 months here in Amambay Ill be sad to see everything go, if I go.
Another bummer to cambios is that this Saturday we have the first scheduled baptism in Centro, in over 3 years. Our friend's name is Gregorio. He was a miracle reference from one of the members of Rama Centro. He's some 75-85'ish and has absorbed the gospel very well. We put a baptismal date last monday and his baptism is planned for this Saturday. Its kind of crazy. He is ready, willing, and excited to be baptized. The Rama (branch) is super excited too! They're all mobilizing to prepare for the baptism and they all want to participate. Oftentimes I think the Lord will put people in our path after we've proved with months of sweat and work that we want it! Guess some sweats paying off!
Another interesting development that happened today. I absolutely wrecked my ankle today playing futball. I did a cool air jump leap block thing and landed funny. Everyone heard my ankle pop. I sat down after that... as of now it's really swollen and I can't walk on it. We're probably gunna hit up the doctor today or tomorrow as now I cannot walk. Not very epic. BUT please dont worry, I dont think it's broken. We do be chilling and vibing.
Well, in all honesty I dont have that much to write this week. The work continues and I feel blessed everyday that I have the chance to be here in Paraguay. I love the people, I love the food, and the work.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a wonderful week! Next week I'll have lots of new things to talk about! Just wait and see!
Que rapido esta semana (this week was fast)! When you're busy things happen a lot faster.
One things that happened this week, I found out this week that I'm really bad at chess! Elder Erickson Tuesday morning spontaneously said, hey lets play a game of chess! That started it all. We've played 3 games of chess every day since... out of the 19 games of chess we've played, I have lost all of them. BUT I did tie 1 game and almost won two! I'm getting closer! My goal this week is to win 1 game of chess!
Me and Elder Erickson are getting along really well. We are having a ton of fun and have developed a good friendship. Of course we have disagreements sometimes but other than that we're getting along well.
Speaking of which, we have cambios this week. The church has changed a few things so we'll find out where we're headed this Wednesday and then leave Friday. Usually we get cambios a week or so later. But it's alright! Tranquilllo I'm expecting I'll be heading out of Amambay. To where I have no idea. Vamo ver (we'll see)! After 6 months here in Amambay Ill be sad to see everything go, if I go.
Another bummer to cambios is that this Saturday we have the first scheduled baptism in Centro, in over 3 years. Our friend's name is Gregorio. He was a miracle reference from one of the members of Rama Centro. He's some 75-85'ish and has absorbed the gospel very well. We put a baptismal date last monday and his baptism is planned for this Saturday. Its kind of crazy. He is ready, willing, and excited to be baptized. The Rama (branch) is super excited too! They're all mobilizing to prepare for the baptism and they all want to participate. Oftentimes I think the Lord will put people in our path after we've proved with months of sweat and work that we want it! Guess some sweats paying off!
Another interesting development that happened today. I absolutely wrecked my ankle today playing futball. I did a cool air jump leap block thing and landed funny. Everyone heard my ankle pop. I sat down after that... as of now it's really swollen and I can't walk on it. We're probably gunna hit up the doctor today or tomorrow as now I cannot walk. Not very epic. BUT please dont worry, I dont think it's broken. We do be chilling and vibing.
Well, in all honesty I dont have that much to write this week. The work continues and I feel blessed everyday that I have the chance to be here in Paraguay. I love the people, I love the food, and the work.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a wonderful week! Next week I'll have lots of new things to talk about! Just wait and see!
A missionary with a throbbing ankle,
-Elder James Tanner
Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Snow! It doesnt exist in Paraguay! - 8/10 Snowmen to ice my swollen ankle
⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
1. Our man Gregorio
2. A cool butterfly that was just chillin
3. Walking home with a plate
4. After church chads
5. Elder Head





Comments
Post a Comment