Laugh it up, Fuzzball--Week 27
May 8, 2023
Hola todos!
It has been a good week. We got a lot done and I am writing as a happy Elder Tanner. No sad or depressing stories to tell. Only good stuff this week!The week was overshadowed with clouds and rain and the climate wasn't trying to cook us to death! With the cold weather I can also wear my thicker pants that compliment my legs very nicely! Plus, I absolutely love the rain so it was a nice change of scenery. I very much enjoyed Paraguay this week!
We played an awesome game of futball today with the district and I played without shoes in the grass. I was barefoot running for the first time in 6 months! We'll see if I have worms in my feet a few weeks from now but it was wonderful and worth it! We also won our futball game too. Super hype.
This Wednesday we also saw the aftermath of the fanatical futball fans of South america! The local team, Cerro, lost their game 0 - 4 while we were playing at the Chapel. The Cerro team stadium is about a 10 minute walk from the chapel so all the people leaving were flooding past the chapel (most of them very angry that they lost). People here are genuine fanatics. On the main road we heard honking, then a car crash, some gunshots, then a bunch of people running past the church. It was a little scary, thankfully obispo locked the gates and all was well and safe. We had to walk home as a big group to avoid the groups of angry drunks picking fights with anyone on the streets. The same night I also kicked the ball into Elder Ericksons face and we're pretty sure he got a minor concussion... Kinda not super hype.
Another cool thing that happened this week is I gave my first blessing of comfort... and in spanish. We were teaching two of our friends in a member's house when our member friend asked if she could have a blessing of comfort. Not gonna lie me and elder Erickson juggled who would do it for a couple seconds. But after a few, 'Aww you should... Noooo, you should's I felt a strong feeling that I needed to do it.
Well, lets just say it went really well. When I spoke the words simply came out and I knew it was not my words. Everybody was in a bit of shock and awe when I finished (me included). The spirit was almost palpable in the room. It was a powerful moment for our amigos and for our member friend. When Elder Erickson and I left the house I turned to him and said,
"Bro, that was not me speaking back there..."
"I know Elder! You dont know that much spanish!"
I'm grateful that I'm worthy to be a tool in the Lord's hands. It was an experience I'm not going to forget. Super hype.
On top of a powerful personal moment, we also have two baptisms planned for this Saturday! We are in full planning mode trying to get everything ready. A little bit about our two fechas. The first is Juan Manuel, he's 18 and has high functioning autism. He passed all his interviews and has a strong testimony! We've been teaching him for about 4 months. The next is Miceala. She's 11 and lives with a member family. She's super timid and hardly talks at all but she's excited to be baptized. Thankfully over the last few months of knowing her we've been able to crack her shell and she'll speak and say whole sentences to us!
I dont wanna talk too much about it for fear of jinxing it but this coming week should be pretty good! I'm excited and there is going to be a lot to talk about in the next email. Super hype.
I'm excited to write more and have my first baptism this coming week! Happy May the 4th and Cinco de Mayo! May the force be with you and may the grind never stop!
From a gringo Elder tryna be Paraguayo,
-Elder James Tanner
Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Almost a 10! - 9/10 Bullseyes in Amambay'z
🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯
1. Fish head 🙂
2. Yea, we're cool, we know
3. Good vibes
4. Found me some mushrooms
5. Another rejected call
6. Burger king
7. The Fütballers







Comments
Post a Comment