Somehow Still Going--wk 21

3/30/23

 Hola Todos!

I am back and I am still alive! The last week and a half a lot has happened. For the sake of simplicity this email is just going to focus on last' last' week. Monday's email will have all from this current general conference week.
Last week we had a zone conference and it was great! Im going to talk all about zone confrence because nothing else super notable happened to occur.
Zone conferences are kind of weird because they have the potential to be really good or really boring. You dont really know till you get there. Thankfully the mission has inspired leadership and it turned out good!
Most of you probably know that our area has been having a rough go about it as of late... When they started the zone conference it was a little rough. Me and Elder Smith felt like we hadn't contributed to the missionary work. We had no numbers to show for our work and to be honest, paired with discouragement and discomfort, we'd been a little lazy.
The tone became different when our mission President got up to speak. President Alleman started by telling us that we are all doing good. He told us that our work is immensely important here in Asuncion. He emphasized that Asuncion is one of the most difficult areas in the mission. Yet, the results our two zones are having right now are beyond expectation. Our work is helping the stakes of the area to conquer their post covid lull and find energy in La obra Misional! He told us to be inspired and excited to work because it does and is making a difference here in Asuncion.
Not gonna lie, when he started, I felt pretty crumby. I'd been somewhat lazy the past week in an area that I've been called to serve. An area that needs and benefits from the presence of missionaries. I felt bad that I'd slacked off and left my team to pick up my slack (metaphysically speaking). The best part of the zone conference was the tone of love and kindness that Presidente Alleman set for the mission.
By the end of Presidents talk I was super hyped. He inspired us to change, to do better, and to be better! I left the zone conference with a list of things that I need to change. I left with inspiration and excitement to implement new things that are going to make me and Elder Smith a stronger force for good in Amambay/Centro.
Since then, we've still been suffering. The desire to be better isnt a silver bullet and we still have all the same challenges we have to conquer... but now the mindset for me (and I think Elder Smith too) has shifted completely. I'm grateful for Presidente Alleman and his inspired words that inspired us to change. When the going gets rough, and life kinda sucks, and isn't fun, and you kinda just wanna die a little... you learn that the discouragement, at the end of the day, is something you just have to sleep off. You get up, do it again, and again, and again and it sucks again and again. We take it head on everyday and trust that the Lord will make something out of our effort.
The best part is, He already has! On Sunday, a cousin of a member family asked when she could be baptized (could be my first mission baptism, o'hala
) then we also found a dude, with an absolutely janked past, who wants to change his life completely. Two big things!
There are some more stories to come next week but for now I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and is stoked for the next GC drop! Chao Chao and may the force be with you all!
Missionary most likely to become an unmotivational speaker,
-Elder James Tanner

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Vase o Vouz - 7/10 Vaz'zsz'z
🏺🏺🏺🏺🏺🏺🏺

1. Rejected call 1 out 16
2. The Parable of the Frosted Flakes, best read out loud in scripture format
3. We got to watch 15 minutes of teen titans go in spanish
4. More Paraguayo sunsets
5. Trash cat







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22