Hello, Mum--Week 25
April 24, 2023
Hey Mum!
I enjoyed your email this week and thought about the time I was responsible and send a letter back. I was not expecting an antibiotic diarrhea story, that's for sure! Haha
News of the Family. Stewarts funny and pretty smart. Its weird to see him still be young when he looks so old and is physically so mature. I remember when I played soccer our goalie threw a temper tantrum when he got scored on and he walked off the field. I really loved that our team, "the superstars" was full of a bunch of whiny soccer kids who thought they were all the rage. It was alright in the end cause we got Capri-sun. Hope stewart can learn to lead by example and roll with the blows.
I got an email from Nathan yesterday too. He talked about how he's been struggling at school. It made me sad to hear that. The people he's grown up with are moving faster than he can keep up. They Are finding their places and who they are. They are fast enough to leave Nate behind, but Nates is not slow enough to not see why they're leaving him behind. When I read about his safefriend, it kinda crushed me a little bit. I dont know what he can do. In the end it's not his fault. I kinda knew this day would come, knowing Nate's friends and the kids at CV. People like Cambell and the twins, they're the cool kids. That's the part that sucks.
I hope daphne can get her grades up. I wish you could somehow convince her that these are the grades that matter. These are the ones that will get her into BYU. The sucky part with that is it will only make her more stressed out and only deepen the anxiety! I'm not jealous of you for figuring out how to deal with that. I feel like you and dad have been given an interesting set of problems to deal with (in terms of us children). 1. Being too cool & caving to the desires of the world 2. Hardcore anxiety & depression & their associated problems 3. Not cool enough and not able to find their place in the world 4. Too cool, anxiety, ADHD, A mix of all the above.
The point of all that is just to say you have a wide set of trials you and dad have had to navigate. That's a lot of responsibility that you´ve been blessed with. I think you've done it in a way that's admirable. With love and Kindness. I know if you guys had been more like Tess's parents I probably wouldn't have made it through my own furnace of bleh.
I think it's fair to say we definitely were easier to parent as toddlers. But where's the fun in that?
...
Good luck to Dad! The Chief medical officer sounds super cool. All officials like. And hey if he gets it, and it still doesn't work out, looks good on a resume for his next job! Good to see he's taking a step tho. My patriatical blessing tells me to learn about our ancestors, well, one thing ive learned from both sides is that we do a lot of stepping up. We do a lot of enduring. In the end we always make it through.
I'm glad to hear you're doing better! I love you mumzy. Your example helps me move forward. I know it's hard for you to be taking up so much stuff. Going from 0-60 pretty quick sucks sometimes but its okay to take a break to catch up. Sometimes when we're out walking we'll have so much stuff we have to organize and do but we have a cita in 15 minutes that we just take 10 minutes to sit on the curb, organize, adjust and restart. It ends up making everything more effective.
I'm proud of you mum! Taking the little steps in the hardest part because it takes forever to see results. It'll be worth it in two weeks and the steps will be a little easier each day!
Love you mum! Talk to ya laterrr
-Son man Jam Tan
Comments
Post a Comment