Everyone is Different--Week 25

 April 24, 2023

Hola Todos!
What an interesting week it has been. This week we had cambios (transfers) and I recieved my new comp! Elder Erickson of Hyrum, Utah. The dudes pretty cool and we're getting along so far! I will say, it has been different.
It was a sad goodbye sending off Elder Smith to La Paloma. Now it feels like things have really changed. Ive known Elder Smith since the first day I arrived. We've gotten really close. So long Elder Smith, may the force be with you!
This week we worked really hard and had a lot of success. The area is picking up. I think me and Elder Smith were just made to suffer a little bit so we could appreciate anything good that comes along.
This week we were able to expand our teaching pool and strengthen our relationships with the leaders of the ward. Elder Erickson is a natural with people so the ward has taken a quick liking to him. Saturday we had a really constructive ward council with how the missionaries can help the barrio(ward). The next day we were able to meet with some of the Leaders and they gave us a lot of things we can do to help.
Another thing that's really been fulfilling is the relationships I've built over the 4 1/2 months Ive been in Amambay. I know everyone by name and Ive given several blessings because people trust us to help them. It's fulfilling to build relationships that only come with time. Even though it's been a suffer fest at times, patience usually pays off.
Ive written and talked a lot about the things that aren't fun about the mission. I want to say today that the mission is fun! I've had some really unique experiences that I'm grateful for! Here are a few from this week:
This week we found a basketball sized cement ball buried in the middle of the street. We dug it up and took it home, just because we could!
While visiting with some members, we drank homemade pineapple juice and they gave us 4 avocados that weigh about 10 pounds in total. We now can make an absurd amount of guacamole.
A couple times this week we used unripe lemons as soccer balls while walking through the streets. Sometimes after kicking them especially far, a stray dog or cat will chase the speeding lemons. When they eventually catch it, they seem confused when they can't kill or maim it.
We have all kinds of experiences that, in a day, seem small, but when we look back they're fun and personal. There has been a lot of joy in the little mission moments.
One of the reasons we chose to come to this Earth is because we wanted to experience everything our mortal life has to offer! I think we often overlook the joy and blessings we can receive from appreciating the little things that happen everyday. Trying to find the little moments has brought me a lot more appreciation for the mission and being in Paraguay.
So! Find the little things. Stop and smell the roses as some might say.

  Anyway, May the force be with you all!
An Elder looking for da roses
-Elder James Tanner

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Amambay/Centro is gonna be a diamond by the end - 8/10 Diamonds in the rough
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎


1. Noche de Barrio with Obispa
2. First selfish with Elder E.
3. The Street boulders name is Rock
4. Mickey
5. Juan Manuel on Sunday going to church
6. I am holding a block of butter
7. Brownie activity
8. Brownie mess










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22