6 Months--Week 24
April 17, 2023
Hola Todos!
Tomorrow I'll be wrapping up my first 6 months on the mission. I'll be honest it's been a fast 6 months but I feel like all I can remember is living in Paraguay. Time just doesnt work the same here.
We got our transfer news this morning! I will be staying in Amambay again. I'm not disappointed. I also can't imagine a missionary life outside of Amambay because all I've known has been Amambay... but anyhow, I was expecting to stay.I'm grateful, I've really come to love the people here. They're my friends!
I'm also super grateful for the connections I've formed with other missionaries here. We went to KFC for lunch today with our district (Of the 4 american restaurants in Paraguay: McDonalds, BurgerKing, and Pizzahut; one of those also happens to be KFC). It was a bittersweet moment eating american style chicken and seeing some of my buddies for the last time for a long time. I love them all so much and it really sucks to see some of them go. We only meet up twice a week for 6 weeks but I still feel like I've known all of them for years! I'm also super sad to see Elder Smith head out of Amambay.
Elder Smiths headed out to the Boonies of la Paloma. Some giant area near Brazil. I'm not quite sure who my new comp is, I just know he has less time than me because I'm now the Senior comp of this Amambay/Centro... HYPE. This is going to be interesting and I'm actually pretty stoked! After surviving this cambio nothing scares me. I'm not worried too much. Yet...
I am worried about being a good example to my new comp. I want to be the best missionary I can. I should always be trying to be the best missionary I can be, but these last few weeks I've gotten lazy just trying to survive. I dont want to just survive... I want to thrive. I want to show my next como how to thrive.
Thankfully this week was considerably better than last week. We did a little bit more thriving than surviving. Thank you for all the prayers and words of encouragement! Im super grateful to have so many awesome people on my email list bro!
We didn't do much more teaching than this week compared to last week but we did manage to place a fecha with one of our amigos. His name is Juan Manuel. He's 18 and an absolute chad (as in cool and chill). He has high functioning autism but really wants to learn more and be baptized. We should have a baptism this next transfer! I wish Elder Smith would be here to see it.
It feels strange that I'm going to be able to see the fruit of our labors. It's usual in most missions for several sets of Elders or Sisters to teach someone before they're baptized. Most of them will never get to see if those they taught get baptized or accept the gospel. I'm grateful for the blessing of being able to see some fruits of a lot of labor. I'm grateful that we can see someone make a powerful covenant with God and be walking the path to finding the love of the Savior and their true potential as children of God.




Comments
Post a Comment