To Send or Not to Send--Wk 15

 2/13/23

Hola Todos!


Hope everyone is doing awesome! My week has been a week of ups and downs. Wooo!
I did a lot more shopping than normal this week and as such I have less money. I bought Lego Minecraft (as mentioned last week), bought two succulents (yet to be named), and one tiny notebook with The Little Prince theme (because i'm a nerd). The mission is a wonderful place to learn how to appreciate the simple things. I've been especially grateful for the simple things this week. That was an up.
We had a wonderful zone conference this week with the president. As one might expect I was spiritually reinvigorated but the thing that ended up being the best part for me was talking with the other missionaries in spanish. It was reassuring to know that after only two months I can communicate decently well in another language with native speakers of that said language. It's such a gift for me. It was also great catching up with some old friends from the CCM like Hermana McGladrie and Elder Zurita. I love hearing their stories and experiences. Elder Zurita has it a lot worse than me out near Brazil. Man has ringworm in his arm or a weird bacterial growth. Definitely grateful for my area. That was an up.
Following the highs of the Zone conference we had another intercambio with Republicano. This time I was directing the show with Elder Souza de Brazil. Doish, running the show was humbling and it was NOT FUN. We had a bunch of appointments and a bunch of great opportunities to teach! I was actually excited. Then as the day went on and on, they all began to fall. The moment that made the day was standing on a corner, staring at our phone, asking myself what the heck we were supposed to do. All our main appointments had fallen, all our backups had fallen, all our contacts had fallen.
That was an ah ha moment for me when I realized the mission really sucks sometimes. Desperate to be diligent missionaries we did contacts in the street for an hour while walking to any potential home visit or teaching. The stress of expectation didn't help and it threw my Spanish for a loop. It was wild. The highlight of the night was when I ended up doing half a street contact in English before realizing I wasn't speaking spanish! Yikes. That was a down.
We did finish the day with two appointments that didn't fall through and they were pretty good! I think I've said it before but one of the things that keeps me talking when I dont want to talk is the idea that my Limited knowledge will not limit his unlimited message.
I will say it's definitely hard when every time you open your mouth to talk to someone it's a trial of faith and trust! Haha!
Of course this week there were more ups and there were more downs. Most days I'm drained. I dont really want to do it again. Yet the next day I do it again, and again, and again. It's like being healthy, you dont like doing it but you like feeling good. That's the invisible yet present power of the Lord's work. He supports his people, he supports his servants, and he supports me.
It was a chill week lacking action, it in fact has been to chill. I believe that there may be interesting things to come in the future! May the force be with you all! I have no more else to say other than to quote the mighty general of the Chinese legions of old,
"Full send, or no send, that is the question."
-Sun Tzu 500 B.C.E
The only missionary you know who has quoted Sun Tzu today,
-Elder James Tanner
   

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Pie and Pudding all flambé - 6/10 Forks and Knives
🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴

1. Shenanigans continue this time in Among Us, if you dont understand you can show your children, they'll know 😁
2. Mas sus
3. Visited the Cerro Soccer Stadium
4. Had a cool lighting storm!
5. Yes
6. More sunsets in Amambay
7. Elders de Amambay y Obrero
8. More rejected calls and videocalls










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22