Otro Letter de tu hijo - Week 17
2/27/23
Dear Pops,
Thanks for your letter! Ive been meaning to write more to you and mum. I actually have some time this week!
I remember hearing that story about Joseph Smith having to repent and make sure everything is good. We have to be fully willing to give up ourselves and our pride if we are to fully be consecrated unto the Lord. It really sucks to do it and let it go. Contra el hombre natural, right?
The world is crazy. I dont know much about the news but I can see the contention in the families here. So many families arent married and we´ve seen families without our values cave under the pressure and temptations of the world. I dont know if I told you but centro had a family they were teaching. The couple was unmarried but one night while he was working she went out with friends, got drunk and woke up in someone else's bed. She told him and he gave her a second chance. When we were in intercambios last week he told us he´d found out she had still been cheating on him. He left her because they weren't married. They're not teaching them anymore.
Its so hard to see things like that go down. To watch a family fall apart because of things like alcohol and sex. Its even harder when you know after something like that they probably won't turn to the gospel for healing. I know I changed after Martha because of the atonement. I couldn't have done it without it. I only pray those who fall apart can maybe one day find healing.
AHHH im really nervous for Nate at track. I hope someone will be good enough to take him under their wing. I hope Bowden will. He was a really good mentor for me. I know he could be a really good mentor and example for Nathan. I tried to email Bowden a few weeks ago but I dont know if he ever got it.
I wish you had been promoted sooner! I woulda gone camping too! Its so crazy how times have changed. Brother Bishoff was really good at bringing that atmosphere of camping to the ward and the boys. It really brought me, Asher, Cameron, and Stuart together. It was something we looked forward to all the time. I'd say keep at it and it'll catch on with all the boys! Maybe itll teach them some life skills other than how to flick a controller!
I sure hope Stewart and Tess dont get together! That would be way too weird for me! It's a funny thing. Tess has come up like 3 times just this week! The President after our interview on wednesday mentioned that everytime he talks with the President and Sister Demars he thinks of me! Which is a good thing, I think... but I mentioned Tess and he boldly declared that there are never just "amigas''! He then predicted we´d get married. Then he asked to see a picture! Haha, the President is a really good guy. He loves to joke and laugh with us but he brings a ton of spiritual power whenever he speaks. It's really awesome. I'm really blessed with a lot of good examples in my life. You, Mum, Grandpa, grandma, Tess, Coach Bowden, now I have Presidente Alleman.
Anyway that's all I got time for. Good luck at work! Hope you dont have too much charting to do. Maybe one day we´ll sit and chart together!
Love you, talk to you next week! Thanks for the letter
-Your favorite son in Paraguay,
Elder James Tanner
Comments
Post a Comment