Call the 'Whah'bulence - Week 20

3/20/23 

Holo Todos!
Welp. This week was... a week. The grind continues. Not too much happened this week. WoOooOoo! I
An interesting note about the mission is that sometimes very little happens despite your best efforts. I didn't really comprehend that until this week. There was a lot of planning, walking, and confirmed appointments that never ended up happening. A few nights this week we came home depressed and discouraged and just sat in the dark listening to Lofi, drinking our sorrows away with apple juice. That was nice actually. Quite the vibe, 10/10 would recommend.
We did have some fun moments this week! I bought two pairs of decent shoes for cheap, went to a birthday party and a member's baptism, elder Smith got sick on Sunday and I got a nice two hour nap while he was dying (he's alright now). There's a lot to be grateful for! A huge plus is in the time we have nothing to do i've gotten very good at making brownies! They're really good at getting a foot in the door! Soy Chef. I'll also admit this weekly email is as much a comfort to my mother as an argument to convince myself that everythings okay! But it's alright, we're alive! Maybe not thriving as much as surviving, but we're going!
This Friday was particularly rough for me emotionally. I didn't want to go out and do the work, because what's the point if no ones going to say yes or even listen? I was not having a good time.
So looking for comfort, I opened my scriptures and read about faith and weakness in Ether 12 (banger chapter). I was reminded we use our faith to take steps. Faith helps us step even when we dont want to go one. I was also reminded that we have our weaknesses and that we may be made strong. That kicked me in the butt a little. This time right now is not just a time to hate and survive, it's an opportunity to be better. So my goal this week is to be more grateful and look at the negative as a way to become better. Sometimes the suckiest things are some of the things we should be the most grateful for. Somehow, we always make it through the storm.
Even though the mission sucks sometimes, it's a changing experience that makes every missionary, no matter the experience, a little bit better everyday. That's the faith I'm running on right now. I'm getting better everyday and strengthening my weaknesses. So long as I'm trying, the Lord will help me. He will stand by us in all things! That's a promised blessing the Lord will give to me as I trust him with faith. Its also a blessing he gives to all, but again, only if we trust him!
We trust the Lord by moving forward. Therefore, me and Elder Smith will be moving forward! Trusting and trying our best everyday. Trusting somehow we're becoming better and that there are smoother seas ahead!
Hope y'all had a wonderful week! May the force be with you and shall we rest when we're dead!
An apple juice drinking bozo in Paraguay,
-Elder James Tanner

Sidenote: The next email will be the following Friday as a result of a changed P-Day.

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
And there was a weeping and 'WHALING' and a gnashing of whales - 6/10 Wavy Wailing Whales
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

1. Sunsets in Amambay 
2. Leccions with Pedro the Legend
3. More sunsets
4. Frenchie Bread
5. I liked thus picture
6. Demasiado pomegranates en Paraguay
7. New district!
8. No i wasn't flexing my forearms, im just hawt










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22