Boom, Boom Mango Time-- Week 17

 2/27/23

Hola Todos!


Another week goes by! This next week should be really interesting. We have incoming cambios on Sunday and me and Elder Alcivar will be parting ways! We dont know who will be leaving or who will be going where, we just know someone will be leaving! It's like Christmas when we get cambios... so long as they are what we want!
Anyway this week was a little more chill than last week. No raging arguments or near death experiences. Just the reassurances that God loves his children and supports his missionaries!
We had interviews with President Alleman this week and they went really well! As a perfectionist, I often worry that I'm not being a diligent missionary when things dont go according to my expectations. Talking with the Presidente, he answered all my questions, qutied my fears, and calmed my worries without even knowing it. It was a powerful moment for me. I know that President Alleman truly is an inspired man called of God to lead this mission.
Later that same day, I had the best futball game of my life! Every wednesday we have a ward activity night called Noche De Barrio. It's a great way for the youth of the ward to invite their friends and have fun and play some futball (soccer para los gringos). Well, after interviews with the president we got ready for our noche de barrio! Paraguay is crazy for its weather and in the space of time it took to change and go back to the chapel dark storm clouds had rolled over the horizon.
Rain never stopped a futball match and we went to play anyway! Well it started coming down. The youth of the Barrio didn't care! We played anyway. It was a surreal experience! We played in the driving rain, flashing lighting and booming thunder! The court turned into a little pool and we played without shoes. We also had to play at half speed so we wouldn't slip. Somehow I still managed to slip and I ate it pretty good! But the game continued and it was incredible. Not an experience I'm going to forget.
Another thing I'm not going to forget is the mangoes! I ate a ton of mangos this week! Some of the trees are dropping mangos and it's really easy to pick them up, take them home, and eat them! I love mangos (and food) so it is the absolute dream that I can just eat as many as I want, for free, just about whenever I want! I guess we're seeing the fruits of our labors! HA terrible dad joke! I am not sorry.
One thing I've learned is that when you put your mission papers in, you get called to a place that will make you weak. Weak in ego, knowledge, spirit, etc. All manner of things that suck.
While the mission makes you weak and it really sucks sometimes, I've found that it also gives you immense opportunities to enjoy living! I enjoyed living this week. Simple conversations with Presidente, warm rain and free mangos! I'm very grateful for the little things this week.
Another cool thing, slightly less holy and not associated with soccer, mangos, or being grateful; me and Elder Porter got cat-called in intercambios! Woooo! Never thought that would happen to me in my life... wasn't too fun... but I guess I just look too good in that white shirt and tie!
Next week there will be news or there will be blues! Talk to yall next week, until then stay minty and fresh or something cool like that! May the force be with you and the grind never stop! We´ll rest when we´re dead!
The most mango missionary,
-Elder James Tanner 

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Buzz Buzz I am Bee Man - 7/10 BumbleBees
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
    
1. Intercambios con Elder Porter
2. Cool mural in Centro Asuncion
3. After the rainy partido
4. Pre sacrament photo
5. Sunday sunset
6. More memes!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22