Going....Going....Going....Over Week 9

 01/02/2023

Good morning people!
 Its's about 4:00PM here in Paraguay but for those of you dwelling within the confines of the Spokane and West region it is still morning! Therefore I can still say Good morning!
  This week presented itself strangely. Following a nice Christmas Sunday, the days went by fast while the week overall went by slowly. Two weeks in a single week type of vibe. Despite having two weeks in a week type of vibe... not much happened. This week we did a lot walking but since last week we've learned how to use the bus system, so we walked considerably less than last week. Which is amazing because the weather is getting HOT.
  On Friday it was 103 and Sunday it was 107. 107 not including humidity. It's only supposed to get hotter as the months go by and get more humid. Yuk.
  Today it rained and I wish I could say it was a break from the heat but the humidity makes everything 50x worse. Its about 85° right now. By the end of the day I believe I will be a human Raisin. I will have sweated out all my human juices. 
  Now Is that how raisins are made? I dont know, but right now I feel as though i am becoming a raisin.
 Aside from the progressively escalating heat our work here is not going great. A lot of our walking consists of walking to a cancelled appointments that we dont know are cancelled till we get there! From there we walk to another canceled appointment. This happens over and over.
  Rejection is hard and sometimes it takes a lot effort to try again and again when you know the same thing will probably just happen at the next place. But of course there are always moments of sunshine! We do hava one family of three who's making a lot of progress and its super encouraging and the people here are all immensely generous with their time.
  We also had the opportunity to visit the temple this week for the sealing of a family. It was a really cool experience! The father was a convert when he was 35 and his wife finally joined a little over a year ago. Their whole family was sealed together for time and all eternity and it was really powerful to see that ordiance performed for them! The Ascunsion temple is super pretty and a nice bubble of peace in the bustling city. A great moment this week!
  One of the other highlights of the week was definitely New Years eve. New years is a big deal here in Paraguay. The whole country was in a fantastic mood and some members gave us candy and orange soda to help us celebrate! Sadly, we had to be home early on new years eve. The mission pres told us we had to be in at 9 which turned out really fun when Me, E. alcivar, E. Porter, y E. smith had a banger photoshoot! Plus I chugged probably a whole liter of orange soda and had more weird cough drop candy things than was probably good for me. Worth it! 
  I set some good goals for this year too! Be fluent in spanish, read the Book of mormon in spanish and guaraní, learn how to make a hackysack, do 100 pushups in a row to name a fee! Im ready to go crazy this year! I hope everyones christmas and new year was fantastico! 
  
   Sorry for this weeks short email! I believe there should be more to come next week because this week was far to chill. We all know that we cant be having no chill! So! Wait for next week! 
   Sincerely, the burger king missionary,
   -E. James Tanner

Emotional Fortitude O'Meter
Yes, i am alive - 5/10 Worms
🪱🪱🪱🪱🪱

1. Elder Alcivar thinks im a hippie so i convinced him to hug a tree
2. Part of the fuego New Years eve photoshoot
3. Temple trip with the boiz
4. The Pizza Huts in Paraguay do unlimited pizza for like 4 dollars each. Its awesome. Much pizza has been consumed in 3 weeks.
5. The council is disappointed in thee










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die You Stupid Ants--Week 16

It All Changes--Week 42

Come at me, Bro--Week 22